Kebabs. Meat-on-a-stick. Easy to make. Easy to eat.
- Mister Tjoppie braai sheet
- 8 large bamboo skewers
- 500g chicken thighs, deboned and skinned
- 24 dried apricots, soft
- 3 tbsp nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander or basil leaves
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp hot peach chutney
- Soak the skewers in water for an hour, so that thay don’t burn when cooking.
- Thread the chicken pieces, alternating with the apricots, onto the skewers.
- Mix the white wine vinegar, olive oil, sugar, Robertsons cumin, coriander, hot peach chutney and curry powder together. Marinate the sosaties for at least an hour, but preferably overnight.
- Braai over medium coals on your Mister Tjoppie braai sheet., basting with any left over marinade until done.